We live in a tourist economy here in Winter Park, FL, and if you own or operate a restaurant, that means you need a commercial ice maker to help your business run. Ice not only makes drinks cool, it can provide vital help in keeping food cold. When your ice maker runs into problems, it can shut your entire business down. Even a day can prove disastrous. The good news is that there’s a trained service which can fix your ice maker swiftly and properly, in order to get your operation back up to sped again. But how can you spot the signs of trouble with a commercial ice maker? Here’s a few telltale signs.
- Misshapen Ice. Problems with the system’s cooling power may result in large ungainly pieces of ice, unusable in beverages. They may often have wet surfaces too, causing other pieces of ice to stick to them.
- Leaks. Along those lines, look for puddles of water around the base of the ice maker or key spots like the water line. That’s usually the sign that something is wrong.
- Low Ice Levels. In some cases, the ice may be perfectly fine, but the system takes too long to create it, resulting in low amounts of ice that may not be able to keep up with even the most modest demand.
- Blocked Vents. Ice makers need oxygen just as much as water, and proper venting is required for it to do its job. Check the vents regularly and make sure they’re kept clear at all times.
- Blocked Lines. Water lines can become clogged by build-up and debris, which will slow down the ice machine’s ability to produce. A trained technician should be able to clear the blockage.
For any problems with your commercial ice maker, give the pros at Downtown Air and Heat a call today!