Summer doesn’t end in Orlando, CA just because the kids go back to school. Hot weather often continues late into the year, and with months of regular use under its belt already, your air conditioner may be feeling the strain as never before. This is especially true for older systems with more wear and tear under their belt. If your system has been around for more than a few years, you need to pay close attention to it this kind of year, and watch for signs of wear and tear.
Only a trained technician can properly diagnose a problem with your air conditioner, but in general, any sign of something different in your system is cause for concern. The most common include:
- Air that isn’t as cold as it should be.
- Low air flow through one or more vents.
- Higher bills every month, even when you’re not using your system more often than normal.
- Strange noise that you don’t normally associate with your system.
Any number of issues or faulty components can create a problem with your air conditioner, but in older models wear and tear can play a huge part. Possible issues include, but are not limited to the following:
- Frayed wires and worn electrical connections, disrupting power to key components like the compressor or fan motor.
- Leaking refrigerant which makes it harder for the system to cool the air properly, and can create additional problems elsewhere in the system.
- Clogs in the drain line or problems with the drain collection pan, which can create an overflow of condensate and cause a short.
- Dirty filters and other components which spread dust and other unwanted particles in your system.
Never attempt to fix an air conditioning problem yourself. Instead call the pros at Downtown Heat and Air to perform air conditioning repairs the right way!